Saturday, May 13, 2006

Thank God for "Scrubs". Even when you feel as abject as I did by last night it can always put a smile on my face. Thanks to my divine colleague Vani for the loan of Series 3.

Stinking hangover today, cured by coffee at the Trockel and Ullmann cafe on Downing Street. Lovely place, why is it closed so often ? Looking forward to having a few mates around next week and then playing in Yorkshire the week after.

Current contender for best opening verses of all time, from "Calling It Quits", by Aimee Mann-

He's a serious master
shake his hand and he'll twist your arm
With Monopoly money
we'll be buying the funny farm

So I'll do flips
and get paid in chips
froma diamond as big as the Ritz
then I'm calling it quits


No idea what she's on about, but it's just great, and continues to be for several more verses.

No comments: