Sunday, March 25, 2007

Played a great "charidee" gig last night, for the premature birth clinic at Addenbrooke's hospital. Attentive crowd, CD sales (via the website today as well), great vibe. The headline band were Dolittle, featuring the former singer with the 90s band Eat. He still has some fairly devoted followers, virtually all of whom were mouthing the lyrics verbatim. Spoke with him briefly, but thought it best to leave it at that, as I have a habit of sticking my foot right in my mouth with such people.

Revisionism time- bought a CD of "Loveless" today, to replace my long neglected and deeply buried cassette. There's actually a new little book entirely devoted to it, which I just read, and prompted me to approach it again with different expectations. It's great, though "Sometimes" still sounds a bit dirgey. Play late at night, in the bath, or when engaged in the physical act of love- the loops of Bilinda Butcher oohing and ahing will never sound quite the same.

No comments: